Izzi Early Education
Pre-School Assistant Teacher
Link to job posting & online application
Join the Izzi Early Education team and make a meaningful impact on the lives of families and children in our community! If you are passionate about making a positive impact in the lives of children and families, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Join our team and help us make a difference in our community!
For the past nearly 40 years, Izzi Early Education (formerly IHSD Inc.) has believed that every child and every family deserves access to high-quality early child education. Our comprehensive early care, education, and family services ensure that all children, regardless of circumstances, get the care they need, where they need it.
- Duties of the position will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist with planning and implementing curriculum activities.
- Assist with planning and setting up indoor and outdoor environment.
- Supervise and team-teach a group of 8 children.
- Assist with classroom record keeping (i.e. Learning Genie/Portfolios)
- Assist teachers in conducting home visits for each child enrolled.
- Collaboration with Family Engagement team and events.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum CDA credential or state awarded certificate and enrolled in program leading to AA or BA (or CDA completed within 2 years of hire)
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Must have a Child Development Associate Teacher Permit, CDA or qualified for a Child Development Associate Teacher Permit desirable.
- Proof of completion of core ECE courses:
- Child Development
- Early Childhood Education Principles
- Early Childhood Education Curriculum, Child, Family & Community.
- Knowledge of Early Childhood Education practices and techniques.
- Bilingual in Spanish is desirable.
- Physical Examination, TB Test and Immunizations
- Fingerprint Clearance/Child Abuse Index/Criminal Record Statement/NSOPW
Starting at $24, depending on qualifications & experience
- Employer Paid – Medical, Dental, Vision Health Plan and Life Insurance
- Employer Assistance Program
- Voluntary Long Term Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- 403(b) Retirement Plan Benefits – 8% funded by employer – Full vesting after 6 months of employment
- Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, Paid Personal Days and Paid Sick Time
- Limited Time ONLY & after 6 months of full time employment: Sign-On Incentive and Relocation allowance will be provided if coming from out of the State of CA
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER