Leaves are Falling, Math is Calling! Join The Early Math Project for a free, virtual forum on October 5th! The forum will focus on math and science, the importance of play, equity, math mindset, and activities to try with young children.
This professional development opportunity is jointly sponsored by the California Department of Education, the California State Board of Education, First Five California, WestEd, the Fresno County Superintendent of Schools, the AIMS Center for Math and Science, the Department of Social Services, and the California Early Math Project.
Find more information and register here.
- 6 – 7 PM (PT) – Dr. Megan Franke presents Leveraging Students’ Mathematical Thinking to Support Participation and Enhance Opportunities for Equity
- 7:10 – 8 PM (PT) – Breakout Sessions (participants will choose one of the following 8 sessions)
- Up, Down, All Around: Exploring Spatial Relationships by Donna Johnson and Lisa Ferguson
- Daily Routines to promote logical thinking; PK-2 by Rebeca Itzkowich and Veronica Castro
- Creating Math Environments by Wendy Hernandez
- Math Framework by Ellen Barger
- Exploring Loose Parts with Infants and Toddlers by Tracy Johnson
- Shedding Light on Shadows with Early Learners: A Tinkering Activity for Home Participation by Luigi Anzivino and Claudia Caro
- Inclusive Math Practices by Kevin Schaefer and Heather Snipes
- Math Mindsets by WestEd
If you cannot attend at the scheduled date/time, all sessions will be recorded and posted on the Early Math Project’s website the week following the event.
Date & Time
Thursday, October 5, 6 PM PT